Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm afraid the Narnian series is over, but continue to love Jesus

Dear Ruth . . . ,

     Many thanks for your kind letter, and it was very good of you to write and tell me that you like my books; and what a very good letter you write for your age! Lucy and Aslan
     If you continue to love Jesus, nothing much can go wrong with you, and I hope you may always do so. I’m so thankful that you realized [the] “hidden story” in the Narnian books. It is odd, children nearly always do, grownups hardly ever.
     I’m afraid the Narnian series has come to an end, and am sorry to tell you that you can expect no more. 
     God bless you.

                           yours sincerely,     
                            C. S. Lewis

C.S. Lewis, Letters to Children (1985)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's taken me this long, but a couple weeks ago, I finally got around to viewing The Chronicles of Narnia movie, more properly titled The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. My young sons and I thought it was spectacular. They loved it. We've watch it a couple times now. Maybe we will watch Price Caspian, but I better read it first ;)

    ReplyDelete